View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: 200nl 6max DEEP- Raised flop NutFLushDraw facing 4 bet push!

Meh... I don't really like how you played this one. I prefer a very large raise with this particular hand on the flop as well as with sets/top two for balance.

My reasoning is that I want to get the money in against most hands, but I don't want to be put in a position that a fold is likely correct against his now (once he shoves) greatly reduced range - two pair and sets mostly. Raising large on the flop (at least pot) will increase your fold equity, which I don't mind with a big draw. It also bloats the pot while we are often a favorite on teh flop as our hand plays much poorer on the turn if he calls our flop raise. Let's say he has AA here and you make your size raise. What does villain do? He calls or pushes quite often. Now say you raise huge, Villain finds a fold here every now and then to the larger raise, which is great because we are flipping with most big pairs and a slight dog to AA so every time you force him out, you are winning money. Last, but not least, if he does shove over the top, it makes much more sense to call with the better odds we have.

Well, now that I've got that out of my system, I'd call here. But, I'm a big fish and I call huge bets with just flush draws. It's all about style baby.

soda