View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Wpex Stole My Money

I know about the "Official Wpex" thread, but since this is a bit different, I felt it deserved its own thread.

My user name at Wpex is DAC... maybe you've seen me or played with me, since I've played a LOT there over the past 6 months - mainly 3-6 and 1-2 limit. I earned 24K of rakeback and another 3K in AA promotion money... also made the occasional sports wager to show my respect... always tried to start new tables and get games going… also actively promoted/hyped the site to others who joined... my reward?

Well on Monday night, I tried to make my first withdrawal… for $4,000... Tuesday morning, my account was locked... I assumed it was from the new release, but when I talked to support, they said it was locked because "Computer Assistance" had been detected on my account, and an "investigation" was underway.

My confusion was ignored, and the support people ultimately told me "Sean the Manager" would personally call me to discuss... when this never happened, I followed up today and received this gem:

"I have spoken with Sean about this matter and it was decided that your account will remain closed and all funds are going to be frozen. The reason being that you were detected using computer assistance with your poker playing.

You can call to discuss the matter with me if you like, however after with my discussion with Sean it was decided that the decision is final.

Nigel"

So I called Nigel, and he was top notch actually... but I only received vague reasons why my account was closed. I pointed out the "coincidence" of making a withdrawal request and then being banned... he admitted that "checks" were done only after the cashout request.

So, be careful out there... your money is controlled by the whims of others and you have no recourse if you are accused of something.

DAC