View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: 2008 National Champions (NCAAF)

[ QUOTE ]
As a Michigan fan, I think it's safe to say that everyone knows that Lloyd hasn't done the best of jobs in the bigger games the past few seasons.

That being said, I love and respect everything that Lloyd does and the way he goes about handling his business. Paterno and Carr are the absolute FACE of what is right in college football.

When was the last time you heard about some recruiting allegations in football at either of those schools? Both men do their jobs with the upmost respect for their school and the game itself. And that, to me, is why I'm proud to be a Wolverine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, Carr essentially offers a trade-off. You don't get the best strategist or most creative play caller with Lloyd, but you always can take solace in knowing the program is in good hands.

You never have to worry about Carr running and leaving for another team/NFL. You also know he runs the team with the utmost integrity. Also nice to not have to worry about some random coming in, changing everything, and completely tanking the team and setting back the program a number of years.

So maybe it's not so bad that Michigan doesn't do as well as they should, since they are also way more consistent over the long haul, and probably won't have periods like Bama, ND, and other prestigious programs have had recently. Still doesn't hurt to wish they did more...