View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: film: 3:10 to Yuma

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as for the contention that "The movie had been showing Ben's [crowe] disdain for his comrades the whole way": huh? when? where? what movie were you watching? the movie showed the whole way that crowe was confident that his crew would come rescue him! his line: "as sure as god's vengeance, they're coming." why was he so confident?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you miss the scene where charlie virtually begs ben to let him hang around and ben pointedly ignores him? (in the saloon, after dismissing the rest of the gang). or how about when ben asks the bar girl to run away to mexico with him? or when ben shoots one of his own gang for no real reason during the coach hold up? or how despite his confidence his gang is coming for him, he's desperate to escape without their help?

[/ QUOTE ]

also, it was shown throughout the movie that he knew people. he could read them, and knew exactly what they'd do, but i think what he liked about bale was he couldnt' really figure him out. he was kind of a mystery to him.

he could have escaped the entire time. he was playing with them, and he was kind of absorbed in bale and his son, william.

at the end, the running to the train scene was a bit ridiculous, but i think the reason he ended up killing charlie and the gang, was because charlie kept shooting ben, after he said No. he established in the beginning his way is law.

i think even charlie realized he screwed up, cause he saw the look in crowe's eyes, and went for his gun.

that's my take on it. i thoroughly enjoyed this movie. i dont' even like crowe that much, but he blew me away in this movie.