View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Calldown in a reraised pot, 25/50 live v. a capable bluffer

Villain in the hand is a known live cash game pro (in the ac/foxwoods, and nyc games at least). He makes very good laydowns and puts a lot of pressure on people but sometimes he makes reckless plays that seem like value bluffs. I played one hand with him recently where I raised preflop to 600 with JJ from ep, got 5 callers, including villain on btn. I check-call his 2500 bet on a 1095hh board, and check call his ai on a 6 non-heart turn 10kish and K10o is no good. He certainly is capable of big bluffs. He probably views me as a solid player. It should be noted that we are playing 72o for 500 and I have seen him win once when he reraised preflop to 2500 and took it down with 72o. I had a read on him that he was 72ing and actually told the player next to me that he had 72 after he reraised and we made a 100 bet, which I won (still lost 400 though).

Blinds 25/50, I am sitting on 16k, I make it 300 to go with 88 from EP, get one caller, and he makes it 1600 from the blinds very quickly. I decide to call. I am calling in part because I have position, in part because I think I might have the best hand, and in part because I don't want him to constantly reraise me preflop.

Flop comes K45ss. I have the 8s. He bets 3k and I call. I am basically just hoping to show the hand down at this point. Turn comes 7, non spade, giving me a gutter. He asks me how much I have left, I tell him approx 11k. He very quickly bets out 10k in two stacks of 1k chips. Call/shove all in? I very much doubt he would make this bet with 99-QQ, meaning his range is more polarized towards AK/spades/bluff type hands. His mannerisms and tempo to me suggested someone trying to push me off the pot.

Is calling absolutely horrendous here?
dlpnyc21