View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: some simple questions about the wii

Yeti,

A pretty big percentage of Wii games are mediocre or worse alone and are fantastic with friends. I currently have Warioware, Mario Party, and Rayman that are great fun with people over but get absolutely no play with people over. Wii sports is ok for a while alone, or to bust out if you haven't played it in some time but it gets old at some point.

For alone games, there still are some titles. Zelda is great. Metroid Prime, Manhunt, and RE4 have gotten good reviews though I haven't played them. I like playing Mario Strikers a lot by myself (there is online as well) but that game is right up my alley so I will get a lot more out of it than most. There may be some big example I'm not thinking of but I think that's about it.

As for the laying down, I play sitting (not standing) up basically all the time. The only time I stand are for Wii Sports, WarioWare and Rayman. Since I basically only play those with friends it's pretty rare. One thing that can be important for a number of games is having a line of site to the screen to use the aiming part of the remote. This should be ok if you mount the sensor above the screen.

I don't know a lot about the xbox as the Wii is the only next gen console I have but based on what I've read here and from a couple friends that's probably your best bet if you're not a huge fan of the wii control setup. By not a huge fan I don't mean if you don't like it but if you don't love it.