View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Bulking: Clean Diet?

Yea, I'm not too worried about the difficulty of losing weight, and I know how to do it properly (already down ~30lbs in just over 4 months). I was just using myself as an example that you probably don't NEED to cut to well below 10% before bulking. That pic is actually over a month old, and I'm around 177-178 now. Unfortunately I've been a little lazy with the cut lately (too much booze, not eating properly, or lifting enough) so I have probably had some muscle loss. My digital calipers are reading around 12-13% usually, but my measuring skills are far from perfect.

I will probably start bulking very soon. My stated goal was 175 and 10% but I don't think I can quite do that anymore. I am doing this mostly for the visual aspect as well (though the strength is nice, I don't really need it for sports or anything). I really don't want to go much lighter than this though, for psychological reasons. I have not been this small in about 4 years, and bulking is going to take a long time as I plan on doing it very clean.