View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Bulking: Clean Diet?

[ QUOTE ]
I think Thremp, for the most part, is on the money with all of his posts. He might have stepped out of line a few times, but he's giving sound advice if you read what he's saying...and I hope that I'm understanding him correctly myself.

For a hard gainer, caloric intake is more important than eating clean and probably much easier too. You don't have to get crazy about it, but eating some high calorie foods is fine as long as your taking in nutrients. While I myself wouldn't go as far to advise soda and fried foods, he's right in what he's saying. You MUST get calories and the truth is that most clean foods just don't have enough and for most people it's not practical to prepare enough meals to take in a sufficient amount without devoting their lives to it.

Also, I believe he's right on the money as far as bodyfat %s go. I believe 6-10% bodyfat is ideal. I would say it's impossible/somewhat unhealthy for the majority of people to hold a year round bodyweight of 5%. I think 10% or a bit lower is a realistic goal that almost anybody could achieve with a very strict diet and fitness routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id agree with you that if you dont want to put in teh time and effort to be very strict with your diet and workouts, that yes, you will not ever achieve the goals I listed. You say that 6 to 10% is "more realistic" than 5%....do you realize how little of a difference we are talkign about? going from 5% to 6% is going to be like 1 or 2 lbs of fat, and hell, its pretty tough to zero in exactly to what your bf is, so at 8am you might be 5% and by noon th reading may read 7%. also, most clean foods just dont have enough cals? wtf? saying things are not practical is an excuse for being lazy. I honestly dont think thremp would agree with much of what you said. And Im pretty sure I never advocated having a year round bodyweight of 5%, i suggest keeping your bf between 5 and 10% year round.