View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: The time you spend on this site

[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering, Loungers, how each of you feel about this site? Are you glad you found it, and has it been good or bad overall for you? How would you feel if it disappeared tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

The site has been a blast. I've had more fun on here than anything I can remember doing in a long time (with the exception of snorkeling in Hawaii.)

Overall the experience has been really good for me.
There have been some down sides obviously but I figure I've saved roughly $4000 by posting on here instead of shopping at the mall and outlet stores.

I've gotten some solid advice on varying topics. This might sound weird but I actually think about the comments that were made in the fashion thread, you know where you guys told us what you don't like women to wear, and I now I try to think about those comments. Blarg has me buying much brighter shirts and dresses than I'm used to.

I'm also paying close attention to that dog thread so that hopefully I'll have realistic expectations when I get canine-seagull. I can't wait.

I think my cooking has improved. I remember advice from the posters who were kind enough to post in my cooking thread as well as stuff I learned from the Iron Chef OOT threads. I think it's helped a lot.

I'm really pleased with the film suggestions that the lounge has given me. Films like Straw Dogs, Naked, Get Carter...even Festen [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...I would never have seen if it hadn't been for the DVD club. (oh why can't we still have the DVD club? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) I'm just so glad I had the opportunity to get to know the lounge posters and watch these films with them. Very cool.

The main thing I like about it is having a place to go to chat with friends and learn stuff I wouldn't normally learn, like the Lindy Hop from Borodog and MrWookie. Where else could I get that? I don't have very many interesting friends in real life.

Oh my god someone hand me a tissue.