View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. How often is it necessary to allocate resources ineffeciently to acheive suitable levels of education, health, lack of violence, freedom, and/or cultrual acheivments. Could you give me an example?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's difficult to say because resource allocation is far easier to quantify than these other aspects. I'm not sure what sort of example you want (practical or theoretical), but I would support subsidizing education, subsidizing public health, subsidizing the poor, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Your making the claim apparently that sometimes resources have to be allocated ineffeciently to acheive suitable levels of education among other things. If that's the case I would think that you could provide some reasoning behind that. Give me a hypothetical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we may be speaking past one another. The reallocation of resources is always inefficient because you pay people to do things that create no wealth (manage the allocation). I believe this reallocation is necessary. Do you disagree or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Middle men create effeciency. They help move products to market in a more cost effective way.