View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Dealing with a loss (stillbirth)

Hopey and samjjones-

We're terrified about the thought of a miscarriage when we try again. I think we'll tell some very close friends and family ASAP just in case we end up needing their support. Otherwise, we'll be waiting until we see a heartbeat on an ultrasound before telling anyone else. If we hadn't had a stillbirth, we'd probably wait until seeing that heartbeat before telling anyone at all. From what I recall, people estimate that ~1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage (many of these happen so early that people don't even know about them).

We've been terrified about this:

[ QUOTE ]
They both told me that losing the baby was horrible enough, but having people (who hadn't heard about the miscarriage) constantly approaching them afterwards to ask about how the pregnancy was going was a needless bit of extra torture.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we, our friends and our family have done a good job of telling people before we have to.

Everything everybody said about this taking a long time is right. I keep thinking that we've gotten through things, but it turns out that it's still *really* hard.