View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Recent Vegas trip highlights my poor play-kind of a rant

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing 4/8 at the MGM. On the flop I pretty much did it to get the free card. On the flop we have only two players who have yet to act after me. If I raise and get called by both BB and EP then I make as much as if I call and the other two call along which won't happen that much. I was also thinking that I'd have a much better chance to win if I paired my Q or J with a smaller field. However, I can understand why True said to call. I wouldn't just forgoe the flop bets but also the turn ones as well on a very good draw.

As to why I posted, it was kind of a whine (that's why I wrote that it was a rant). I've ran terribly these past three days at pokeroom (losing about 60 BB) 5 max and I think I have to move back to 2/4 from 3/6. I'm just way too aggressive postflop, I think even for 6 max. I'm always thinking "If a hand is good enough to call it's good enough to raise" or "You should rarely call when a player has bet on you'r immediate right, either raise or fold".

[/ QUOTE ]

what hands do you think they will fold for 2 that will give you a better chance to win with your JQ? (The TT on board makes J9 and Q9 counterfeit)

You say you "make as much with more players in". I am afraid you are thinking incorrectly here. You will only be getting 2:1 for 2 bets, than 4:1 for 1 bet. We make more money this way as our equity on the flop is probably not more than 33% required for the 2:1 to be immediately profitable. Do you See Why?

You only make money when bets go in when you have equity to bet/raise or are getting the correct pot odds when calling.

True