View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Super standard ??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why did you check the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Banking on at worst the button betting, then being able to face some of the field with 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you want a hand like KQ to fold?

hint: when you flop top set you would prefer if the entire field called the flop and stayed in for 4 bets.

edit: op, i know i'm going to sound like a jackass, but combine this with your K9 hand, and i think you dont quite understand what limit hold em is about.

at its crux, its about pumping up the pot when you have the best of it, and not doing so when you dont. its not about making people fold all the time, or being the smartest guy at the table, or making the fanciest moves at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think you are a jackass at all. I appreciate all commentary on my hands. Whether it be complimentary or critical.

Not donking the flop is not my standard play, I will try to find examples to post/link to. I am trying to vary my play a bit. Obviously I picked a poor spot here.

And no, I do not want KQ type hands folding. If the SB had overs he was calling down, there was also one other passive fish in this pot. They were calling one, I hoped to make them call two. I see with an alternate line I could have possibly got 3 had I led and buttong got aggro as I hoped he would. This time I got lucky that MP3 3 bet.

A quick hand where I flop top set and lead out, as is my normal m.o

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB