View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: which universities??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have not found a method yet on how to convert my grades into american standard yet... but im looking into it... but anymore tips and recommendation is welcomed... any school similar to duke but slightly easier to get into? I'm still looking for a good undergraduate business program!

[/ QUOTE ]

UNC chapel hill? They are like 8miles apart and it's a very good school

Also i do have to suggest South Carolina. As a ballpark its about 70F right now (20-23 or something like that Celsius?). There is a really solid business program and a good international rep. It's not easy to get into but not as hard as many of the schools listed so far.

Also i would consider looking at Florida, Florida State and UGA with UGA prob being the hardest i've listed to get into after UNC

[/ QUOTE ]

UNC chapel hill is among the if not the hardest schools to get into if you are out of state, they have like 3-5% out of state acceptance iirc

[/ QUOTE ]

3-5% ????? Not Even Close

Out of State admissions aren't that bad at UNC-CH. It's Not nearly as hard as getting into an Ivy or other top school. I went to an information sessions and the admissions people implied that a 1350 SAT and a decent GPA would get you in OOS.

I would bet its about 25% acceptance Out of State and about 40-45% In State. It's not a cakewalk, but if you're a strong student, it shouldn't be a problem.

If you're not the best student and you're looking for warm weather I would look into the following:

Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas- Top notch business school, pretty good reputation, not difficult to get in, top-notch connections in the Dallas area

Pepperdine University in Malibu- Not extremely hard to get into, good location, good business program (IIRC)

Tulane University in New Orleans- I think it has an excellent reputation for Finance, good location, good reputation

I'm sure there are others that would work well. Those are just the ones that come to mind right now.