View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: A5s in blind battle.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure we're just talking about this...

"I will say one other thing, and I think it may be the point you are getting at. For a long time, players in MTTS by and large were bad in a very specific way. They were weak tight, especially when faced with a decision for all their chips. Therefore playing in a manner which increased your own varience almost definitionally increased your EV. That in my opinion is no longer the case. That doesnt mean that you should turn down EV ever, it just means that increasingly the most EV strategy may not be the most aggresive one.

which, you know, i said a while ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but I think for most highly successful tournament players, aggressive play is the preferred style, what they're good at, and what gets them the best $/hr, because it's the best way to take advantage of risk-averse players, who are still the big majority.

So, if you are an aggressive style player, I don't see how you can scale-back aggression without passing up some perceived cEV+.

What makes a cEV+ line in a marginal spot cEV+ is the aggressive use of FE : bluffs and semi-bluffs.

If you scale back the aggressive use of FE for those lines, then they're definitely not cEV+.

In the marginal perceived cEV+ spots, you either have to be willing to max scale the risk (allin), or not pursue them at all.

Avoiding the significantly sub-par cEV+ spots is the only way I can think of to scale-back back aggression and improve your results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I'm not retarded and nothing you say ever makes any sense, because it's written so poorly.