View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Brandi: Why does she bother?

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering why Brandi bothers responding to people on these forums. Some people are just ridiculously mean. Is it because she thinks she can change their opinion of her?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, when people are talking about you, there is generally a strong draw to respond in some way. She is a poker player, and thus a part of the community.

[ QUOTE ]
From a man's perspective, can she talk her way out of this strange mess?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, but time will have a positive impact, assuming positive poker developments and fewer "incidents".

[ QUOTE ]
I haven’t read all the threads but I’ve read enough to wonder what her motivation is. If people were calling me names and accusing me of things, I'd be upset. I’m pretty sure I’d just quietly leave. I guess what I'm asking is why girls put themselves out there to be attacked, then keep coming back for more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her motivation is promotional!

There are benefits to women poker players who have name status. She has achieved name status, and now it is up to her to display the poker skills to warrant the attention.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand there have been accusations made but why would strangers on a message board get so vitriolic towards a girl they don't even know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some people do know her, and not all of those interactions were positive. She now carries the baggage around, until other things overshadow them.