View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Players lounge at the WSOP

[ QUOTE ]
Last thing I want to do is discourage anyone from giving to charity, but other than the pool table all of the other rooms that the various online sites set up will have the same type of stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 reasons to have a Hospitality suite for a site at the WSOP.

1)Gathering place for players that won on-line sats so they can pick up their site ware clothes and provide a place to hang out

2) Use it as a recruiting tool for new customers.

Since none of the sites can outright sponsor players anymore the need for 1 isn't there.

With 2 years of experience gathering customer contact information at the last 2 WSOP's the Online rooms have a pretty good idea of how many new customers they can expect to draw to their site from the traffic generated by the suite. My guess is they looked at the cost to benefit ratio and will come to the conclusion that costs > rewards so why bother...

Additionally Harrahs might not be allowing the online sites to have hospitality suites, so I wouldn't be so sure that these rooms will be available, and if they are there, they will probably be scaled down, more minimal (food maybe, pop possibly, chairs if you are lucky..) but don't expect wifi, or someplace to go check e-mail.