View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 200 NL - Some Hands

Hand 1: Call and assess turn. If he bets strong you should probably fold. If he bets fairly weak I like a min-raise. The raise is two fold. If he pushes over it you can fold with ease as you are always beat. He'll also call it often with hands you beat (hence it squeezes some value) and will often call with non-nut hands that you don't beat and check the river to you thus buying showdown at a fraction of the price had you gone into call down mode.

Hand 2 : Bet turn usually for around $30 - folds out some hands that you can't beat (bluff), protects if he has a hand that you are still ahead of and, crucially, puts his float to bed. As played reluct-a-call the $10.

Hand 3: I prefer to bet the turn in this hand but if you want to try and induce a call from a lesser hand then this is fine. That said I believe if you are going to sell weakness you should really go to town and check this river to him a fair bit. I think he'll value bet you thin allowing you to a) at least get that value out of him and b) possibly more if he calls a raise out of curiosity at your strange line.