View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Re: 3+1 Challenge Week 12 lines (Turkey Day games inc.)

208 $400 u47 TEN/CIN
126 $300 Bears -1
222 $200 WAS/TAM u38
106 $100 ATL +13

$400 TEN/CIN u47

Every week, partially because I suck, and partially because it's difficult, I have 2-3 games that are nowhere near the correct lines, and the rest are pretty much dead on.
After I find those 2-3 games, I then research them properly to find out what I did wrong.
This week, after having a line that bore no relation at all to the Vegas line, my research only seemed to turn up things in my favor. Now I'm not really keen on media reports that "sacks have been down since Albert Haynesworth has been out, but he could go this week.", as other than a glimmer of a name, I can't tell you much about him. I also tend to believe that most players are overrated vs the spread, just by the nature of media in general.
However when I'm looking for reasons that my line is wrong and I keep turning up things that actually help me, well, I'm just going to have to roll with it, watch carefully, and learn for the future.
If anyone is unfeasibly bored, take a read through the Titan's drive charts, in particular the ones where they scored touchdowns. It's not just that they run the ball, but they run it at just the right level to sneak repeated first downs.
Of course, Cinci do score very fast, but they're not exactly a well oiled machine this year, so they actually have to get the points, quickly or not.

The way we lose this one is if Cinci go a quick 10-0 ahead and the Titans have to start throwing. That could get messy fast.

Lori