View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: This can\'t be right? 30/60 2-7 *move to other poker please*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT, Jackel made the 98 on the first draw, so there's only 2 draws left. I'd keep the 9 too. On top of being an equity favorite, the villain might fold some crappy 8 draw if Jackal pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about this some more and whilst its not something id do hardly ever (and said was debatable at that moment in the vid) i still dont really mind it against a maniac in a video aimed at giving beginners straightforward decisions. Of couse 98 is an equity favourite here but i tend to think its a money loser since the guy is so crazy you have to call down with 98 if he crs the turn (which will happen a lot) or leads the river, but cant extract much value yourself. On the otherhand, drawing makes your future decisions much easier and with position i dont think you lose out on much equity overall as you can extact when you improve. FWIW i dont think he folds a draw ever if you pat, this is a guy who capped T8 after the first draw and stayed to the grim death...

No idea if that makes sense or not as i have flu and cant see straight, but i still think its closer to being non-standard that plain wrong... try playing two tables of TD and making split second decisions whilst explaining every one and see how you do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly not a problem if you do it occassionally. You're in position, you break or even fold if he c/r the 2nd draw and fold for a bet at the end. You're going to be taking this line with so many hands that you will call a bet at the end that you'll quickly find out if he's capable of bluffing into you on the end here. People rarely bluff into you on the end if you draw 1 then pat right away. And if they do you'll find out in about 20 minutes.