View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:46 PM

Default grow a friggin\' pair already / the al-timate solution

Your post is a shining example of why I refuse to watch poker on tv. Since I've been feeling especially flame-tounged today, I think I'll elaborate a bit on my thoughts about this situation ...

Might as well have been 2-4 limit, but you both need a collosal, peacocked stack of lowest denomination chips that were too small for the antes that were three rounds ago. Then we can give out hats and parkas with logos for crappy internet sites that are 90# props. Don't forget the headphones, so no one can hear the dealer (who's not doing his job anyway) or any of the other players either. I realize the two of you were bantering and posturing, but when so much baloney is spewing forth like vomitous chunks from a $6 hotdog you just bought in a tent, might as well throw in the headphones too.

Next, we have the "I'm a high-roller high limit poker player, therefore I can do anything I want whenever the hell I want" attitude. Don't forget to be extra rude to even the friendliest, most competent dealers, that way they'll be sure to tell the rio to screw off next year, leaving you with newbie schmucks who learned all they'll ever know from the wpt and espn, just like the two of you did.

Next, we tackle the dealer who needs to grow a friggin' pair already. The friggin' bet was made, therefore it's a bet. It's not friggin' negotiable, regardless of how much tv the players involved may have watched. I don't care if it's 2-4 or the jamie gold school of lying, cheating, and being an irritating jerk, there are just no negotiations like this that are acceptable, period. This remains true regardless of the quantity of headgear worn by the schmucks involved, all suffering from a combination of entitlement syndrome and ego-itis. I'll say it again because it necessitates repeating, grow a friggin' pair already.

I think I'm going to start promoting a new line of ball-gag headwear designed just for cardrooms, just for situations like this. It will have the registered trademark logo WWACJD? on all the straps and a beanie with a red propellor on top (just for effect). I'll probably make a friggin' bzillion dollas due to extraordinarily high demand, at which point I can make my final post here, which will read ...

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

But until then, I remain ever vigilant, ready to kick 'em all in the nuts first, and sort 'em out later.

Al