View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu is WRONG!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy, changing this rule would help Daniel (and you). I don't think you should ever change a rule that would benefit certain players and hinder others. Showing cards during play of the hand has not been in tournaments for some time and I do not know why Daniel is making it out to appear that this is a new rule, changing it now would not make sense.

Matt

I would not be opposed to running a "special event" where you could show your cards, discuss what you had in your hand, or your opponents hand.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

But you run WPT's where the final table drastically tilts the advantage away from the good players to making it a complete crapshoot. I know that's not really your doing, but I don't think the reasoning for keeping it a rule as "it helps good players win more" is very good. Aren't you supposed to want to be a good player? What makes a good player good? It's not up to you to decide that. You should make it so the rules:

1) Keep poker to its roots.
2) Make it so no one gets special treatment or anyone gains an UNFAIR advantage (which is NOT the same thing you are saying now. I'm not advocating changing the rule because it makes it easier for good players, I'm just playing devil's advocate here).

I think the rule is fine as is now because it makes things easier, but saying that it should stay as is because it makes things easier on people who aren't as good as other players is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure today's player would NOT like to see poker "to it's roots" as you put it. I prefer to see a safer, cleaner, more pleasant environment with more integrity to play and compete. But poker back (before 1992 for me) in the day must have had its pluses as well but 90% of today's poker playing public was not around then.

Matt

PS you were two in 1992

[/ QUOTE ]

PS No, I was five. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]