Thread: Standard?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
I think bet/fold > check/call > check/fold.

Despite popular belief, there are definitely calling hands he can have that we beat. 8x, 6x, 5x namely. These hands rarely bet the river if we check, so a check/call derives most of its value from inducing bluffs from JT, QJ, and QT. The problem I see with check calling is I doubt an unknown 2/4 player bluffs often enough on the end to make the value you get from inducing bluffs greater than the value you get from inducing calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many 8x, 6x, and 5x hands openlimp preflop and make it this far instantaneously calling flop and turn bets, though? I'm honestly not sure of the answer to that one -- I thought 54s would have some pause before calling the turn unless it was specifically 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and the same goes for a lot of 8x hands. I could very easily see T8, K8s/o (discounted offsuit?), Q8, so it's certainly a close decision, but that's outweighed by the fact that a lot of those hands may bet some subset of the time anwyay. While 22-44 and 54s are likely just checking behind, the question is what frequency he'll call with the remainder of the hands that he wouldn't bet. Then weighting that with the potential of inducing a bluff, which, as Shill points out, increases a bit on an Ace river.

I should probably do some handweighting and actually measure this one out, but since it's been so long since I played 2/4 it was hard to determine bluffing frequencies as well as valuebetting frequencies and such.

Rob