View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: (NC Rant) To Perry Friedman:

[ QUOTE ]
I know you come on here from time to time...

I sort of understand "coaching" at the 2/4 table that has your name on it after you take a beat when you want to vent; however, it is fairly absurd to be teaching the big table fish in the middle of the 8/16 game who sucks out on you while the rest of us are trying to play him. Especially to keep at it with him after you stand up from the table... Just let people play the way they want with their money. The donators are the ones who keep these games going for the rest of us, especially with all this illegal gaming nonsense.

Ok, rant over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perry seems to have his heart in the right place, it's just that his mouth and brain rarely end up there. I agree that if he wants to coach people while HE'S playing against them, that's his right. But coaching them while sitting out and not risking his own money is over the line.

Not that I put too much stock in his advice. Don't know how good he is at stud, but I saw him freak out on a guy at a Razz table one time and go on and on about he bad a call the guy made. So I did a little calculating myself, and figured out that he was completely wrong, even tho it was a very counter intuitive result. It started me down a path of invistigating more and more misconceptions about razz, which has payed off quite handsomely. So I guess I should really be saying "Thanks Perry!!"