View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Madden Improvements

They need to change a lot to make me buy it in the future

1) Have an option in Superstar mode where you ONLY play the plays where your superstar is on the field.... simulate through the rest

Seriously, I would buy the game 100% with just this fix... I want it to be more realistic in my progression as an NFL player and if I"m a DB, there's a reason I decided to be a DB... I don't want to play offense (ldo). Model it after MLB The Show.

2) As mentioned, the passing game is absurd

- DBs have a pass trigger and when the ball is released they automatically know EXACTLY where it is going. Period.

- Reward timing routes better... for gosh sakes no matter if I time a route PERFECTLY, the DB makes the necessary adjustment

I mean, in general, receivers have the advantage of knowing where the ball should be thrown, the defense shouldn't

3) As mentioned, kicking is teh suck

I draft in a fantasy draft the kicker last

Training Camp+One Season = 90 rating easy

I think it should be a multibutton combo type thing, maybe like a Dance Revolution where the more accurate you are with the pattern the more accurate your kick is.... and the button combo is random and harder from farther away

4) I don't like the running system much anymore, and it 176% rewards finesse runners over backs like Stephen Jackson

I mean, Jackson is a top 5 RB easy, but you CANNOT use him in Madden. He gets the handoff, and due to him not being a 95 speed guy he gets wrapped up by 3 guys before you can do anything

I mean, there are exceptions obviously, but, this is how I feel

5) MORE PENALTIES: I know this is a weird request, but seriously the penalty system has been the same for like 10 years.... make more random penalties and make it more realistic, it's not a difficult request. I know it doesn't seem fun to have a random defensive holding call when you hold them on 3rd down, but how do you think Tom Coughlin feels?

I don't know, I didn't buy 2008 after reading reviews that nothing really changed or got better, and in order to buy 2009, I need some kind of improvement in the gameplay in general... it's been the same product for years

Theres my laundry list