View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
i think the biggest improvement i would like to see in season 5 would be to do away with running it twice. i know this supposedly popular in high stakes cash but i know i and am assuming most people watch to see big sums of money to be thrown around and see people get emotional after losing a lot of money etc. Running it twice to a chopped pot which it has so far it almost always has resulted in makes it much less of a gamble and not as enertaining. They build the show up as the "biggest cash game televised" and have previews of players shoving in bundles of money, then so far all of the big pots have been divided up. Yea it might make for tighter play but definitly not less interesting play. My $.02 anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. It was the same (but to a lesser effect on the audience) as the Prop Betting. I think that's why they don't do it anymore on TV. I think the producers asked them to stop.

I hope they stop the "running it twice". Very anti-climactic, and I don't think most of the audience understands it. My wife is always confused.