View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Sleeping at work

mbillie,

I'm also a nap expert. I may actually have some sort of mild Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, if that sort of thing can happen in degrees, because my whole life I've dealt with bouts of exhaustion.

The car is good, I've done that a time or three but I have a dumb concern about someone catching me/parking near me/etc. that kind of harshes my nap buzz.

I don't think the bathroom is so dumb. I'm embarrassed to say this but years ago I used to go into the handicapped bathroom (unisex) and lay on the floor and set my phone alarm for a 10-15 minute snooze. I was just so tired I had to recharge and it was the best option.

Here, there are a couple of places I could stow myself away. One is the accountant's office, she's never here. The other, more desirable one is an empty office that has a four desk cube. I have a chair back in the corner where nobody can see me. The only problem is, there's a girl that sits in the office between me and there, so I can really only use it when she's not around otherwise I'd be too obvious.

As for the getting caught = getting fired thing, I don't buy it. You can always just say you have a headache/are sick/something health-related and you just needed to rest your eyes a bit. It makes you look like a dedicated employee, fighting through it instead of going home!