View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Story of Variance and Tilt

Here is a graph showing how hopeless I am at STT but in the MTT SNGs I have done quite well, especially barely a year into my poker experience. Not a brag but I am tired of posting things and my posts being picked apart because some little subtle deviation when the body of the post was not intended to be a brag, just somewhat helpful info that maybe others that are where I was a year ago dropping $$$$ into STTs, going on tilt, and not really understanding tournament play could pull some help from.

One question though, why would ones STT record be so opposite from the MTT. In your experience what conditions or styles could exist that would make a winning player, albeit a smaller sample size in MTT SNG, go to an extremely losing player when it comes to STT? I have not figured that one out as the most simple way to look at it is in a STT I only have to outlast 6 people to get ITM and in a MTT 45 man you have to outlast 38 others. Could it be that my short table game needs a lot of work or is the quality of play that much higher in a STT than the 5 to 20 table MTT ?

[image][/image]