View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Current Quarterback Controversies

[ QUOTE ]
The Falcons lost the last game because they took out Harrington for no reason. If anyone really believes that Leftwich should be the starter they need to rethink commenting on American sports.

[/ QUOTE ]Not really. Harrington was rattled beyond belief at the end of the game and couldn't throw a good ball to save his life. Because the defense was owning his line and he had no time. By the end it was too late though. Harrington was done. Too much abuse. The only real shot they had was to hope Leftwich didn't suck. He came in and completed a pass. Then Jenkins dropped a first down, easy catch. Leftwich proceeded to miss the easiest td throw of all-time later to Robinson. I don't care how little practice you've had, how the [censored] do you [censored] that up? It's one throw though. He can't be blamed for getting blown up by Haynesworth on the 1 yard line... that was just a sick play. They signed him to start at some point. So, he should get the opportunity. The only thing I have an issue with is why he was dressed for this last game. He's had no time at all with the offense and I presume isn't getting snaps in practice either. So it doesn't make much sense to have him dressed for the game IMO.

Petrino lost the team already most likely so it doesn't matter. All the players think he is brain dead prob. I don't think switching Harrington for someone else in that game was a bad idea. But, given how all the players expected to be playing with Vick. Then Harrington. Then all of a sudden Leftwich who just got there. This is just a bad situaiton overall. Since they invested something in Leftwich you may as well see what you have now. He needs a decent sample size in the offense before you can evaluate the position need on draft day.