Thread: Organ Donations
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Organ Donations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ya u can, when u get an drivers license (in the US) they ask u
if u wanna be an organ donor, I said yes I figure why not help someone else out if Im gonna die

[/ QUOTE ]

it also means when you are dying in the hospital...that they are less likely to try harder to save you --- bonus = they get your organs!!

(yes some of you hate me, but yes this is true, proceed with arguing with me)

[/ QUOTE ]

To an earlier poster with this point I simply responded with one word:

Ignorant.

This is the best possible response.

Others have pointed out why this opinion is ignorant. It's obviously ignorant on its face. Go spend some time in a hospital ICU (I have spent all too much of my life there with family members in the past few years) and you will see how stupid and ignorant this fear ("they won't try as hard to save a donor's life") is. For all the reasons given: they don't know you are a donor, they don't care, they are not even that organized (you'd be shocked at how badly essential facts are communicated in a hospital).

If you are just too damned selfish to donate your organs, or are afraid that the invisible meanie in the sky is going to punish you in the afterlife, or whatever insipid reason you have for not being a donor, that's fine. But don't try to dress it up in some sort of self-preservation "they'll kill me in the hospital" nonsense.

Or, as I said more succinctly before: Ignorant.