View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: what bank should i use at northwestern?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
B&M banks are for fish. They give like .7% interest on savings accounts. Even if you don't have a lot of money to collect interest on, there's no reason to pass up higher interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you want to actually withdraw from a convienient ATM without paying fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my post again. I linked to a BoA account that gives just under 5% interest, and even more if you have a high balance. So you can transfer funds (up to 6x per month with no charge) from that account to your BoA checking account to give yourself enough cash for ATM withdrawals. And BoA has a ton of ATMs all over the country. Thats a special deal though. If you just walk into a B&M bank on the first day of school like every other college kid and set up a checking and savings account, they'll totally shaft you. Nowadays with online banks that offer interest rates with 5%+ interest and free electronic transfers, there's no reason to keep a lot of money in the crappy accounts that most B&M banks offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading mine. The closest BoA posts to campus are a 5 block walk. Not convienient espeically for a freshman living in a dorm.