View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to over-agressive games

[ QUOTE ]

What are everyone else's thoughts here. Am I leaving a ton of money on the table by just calling down in these types of situations (which come up very often).

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, especially given the board texture that was used. K72r, Q72r, J72r are boards that a lot of people are going to use to play back at you, and try and take you off the weaker portion of your stealing range. If you C/R that type of flop against an aggressive opponent, it's like waving a piece of red cloth in front of a bull: they just can't help it. Also, 3-bets in position on those really ragged rainbow flops are quite often B.S., since it's a perfect spot to balance your turn semi-bluffs with good made hands. Now I think I'll start 3-betting those kinds of flops with strong made hands. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Personally, I love playing with really aggressive players. They're usually very easy to manipulate into building big pots; they really let you use a variety of lines and I absolutely love when the table sees me cap non-TP hands on the flop and value bet the whole way to take the pot. Granted, you have to be somewhat aware of who thinks you're crazy, but I don't mind that.