View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Adjusting to over-agressive games

[ QUOTE ]
Because of my enormous schlong, I hate to be out agroed

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have much useful advice, ur a real smart kid im sure u ll figure it out on ur own...

all i have to say tho is about the above quote I always assumed the opposite, people with the mentaility of taking things personally in poker or getting back at people, or being more aggressive simply for the sake of being more aggro than their opponents, are also the same ones likely to be on the insecure side or have an inferority complex (not a shot at you just what I would logically conclude).

On a more serious note, It seems to be a reoccuring theme of yours that your play can tend to deteroriate during bad runs (admittedly on ur part), which is too bad becuz u seem even just from ur posts to be one of the better thinkers of this game out there at these limits (maybe the best? ur results coincide as well).

Id say if it gets to the point u feel like u need to get money back soon to get even on a session (so ur not just playing with the intention of just getting hands in and letting the game come to u), or ur image deteriorates very poorly so people are playing back at u more than usual which is making u have more ambiguous decisions about making lighter calldowns due to metagame (particularly when ur out of position this becomes devastating), you should probably just quit the session for a bit. Schneids is a big proponent of this last concept (stop playing when ur image gets awful), as people start to play back with air more which makes it harder to play optimally against their range and they 3bet in position with a wider range just to kind of F with u (which were a couple of ur above points u noticed about differences in 10/20). I always try to stop if I feel like I need to get the money back ive lost on a session but feel hopeless about it happening for whatever reason.

If you like to play through bad runs thats fine but u seem to admit to tilting on occasion so if u cant play through it and still play well probably dont try.

Maybe try playing some more relaxing music while u play or something to keep u mellow, I personally like more uplifting energizing music so I dont get on auto pilot but if shitte starts going terrible or tilt creeps in I switch it up.

And then theres always zen and meditation u could get into on a kind of more random note.

best of luck im sure u dont need it