View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for November!

[ QUOTE ]
Posting this in the LC NC thread hoping random lurkers dont read it.

So based on my post from the other day I tried figuring out a new experimental range.

If there is any discrepancies from position to position pls let me know.

The button and SB ranges are pretty much useless. The button range is so variable and a lot of the SB hands I will open complete depending on the opponent.

Feel free to berate or just discuss!

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have about the same but recently I've been tightening up (mine now looks like 44, A2s, A6o, K8s, KTo, Q9s, QTo, J8s, JTo/J9o, T9s, T9o, 98s, 87s and maybe 76s).

I had to tighten up because I felt like I didn't play too well. I watched some videos by Stox and he seemed to be much more conservative in situations like this so I figured I'd try it too. I believe I had widened my range too much because I figured my edge was bigger than it actually was.

But if you play well and have a considerable postflop edge over the people in the blinds I definitly advice opening more liberal than what I'm doing right now... i still think yours is a little too loose though. Perhaps something like: 33, A2s, A4o, K6s, K9o, Q8s, QTo, J7s, J9o, T8s, T9o, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s.

I also think you have to consider the rake and blind structure. A 3-5 structure promotes looser play than a 1-2 or 2-5 structure. Furthermore in the lower limits the rake is huge so you need to tighten up accordingly.
My above recommendations is based on no rake and a 1-2 structure.

EDIT: I'm talking about CO.