View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I think that, coupled with the GS ousting last year, has really damaged the Mavs psyche. I think for the Mavs to have a legitimate chance at the title within the next few years, they will need to let up in the regular season and finish with the second or third best record.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree w/ this--I do think you have a point about being the 1 seed and winning a crazy amount of games. Last year Dallas had a crazy amount of pressure on them from their flame-out in the finals and then a goofy reg season record which doesn't matter but the media wants something to hype--it was either win and you were supposed to win or lose and you are the biggest chokers ever to play--somewhat lose lose. I don't think their psyche is crushed or anything though.

I think flying under the radar like SA did last year would serve them pretty well, no matter what they have done a great job filling their holes from last year, which was beefing up their 2/3 positions as well as deepening the bench. GS's guards were too big and strong for Dallas last year, that was the big diff...also, Dallas basically had Stack off the bench last year and nobody else...now they have a slew of players including a possible 6th man of the year.

Also, lol @ Hollinger's Power Rankings--I still find it odd that everyone sucks this guy off, he is clearly on drugs.