View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Table/Seat Selection Examples to Grunch

Its been a while since read these examples or the replies so Ill grunch them. lol.

Texas Ranger
Lobby stats are ok but not great with players to pot and pot size about 5.5BB on average.

This table is interesting and yet typical of many tables in the the 4 players I want position on are spread around. The 2 main guys I want position on are 1, 6 with 2 and 4 also being targets. Seat 2 may also be a tiltmonkey as evident by chat. The players that I dont mind having to my left are 3, 8 and to a less degree 5 and 9.

Seat 3 is my seat of choice but Ill also take 2, 4, 5 and 6 if offered. Note that Seat 1 and 2 have green cold call numbers which could be a low sample size but for guys with those stats I expect alot of cold calls so its probably about right. Seat 7 is okay as if gives us position on 6 however 1 and 2 are probably going to get in the way enough to make us have to pick our spots to attack.

Really the only seats that I probably dont want are 8 and 9 because Ill be OOP versus 1 and 2. All in all youll probably be looking to play solid poker at this table and win from whoever enters the pot with you out of 1, 2, 4 and 6.

Buffalo
Great table as evident by lobby status. 3 and 8 are our main targets but we must also have 2 and 7 in our sights as well. Seat 1 seems aggro but has a low sample size. watch him.

My preferred seats here are 9 and 4 but Ill also take 1 and 2...sometimes its not possible to get position on all our targets.

honestly, this table is pretty good so just able any seat is profitable, there is no really perfect seat due to where the targets are sitting relative to each other but theris a bank of 3 tighties in 4 -> 6 . Seat 6 and 7 are the probably the worst ones because we will basically ahve to make hands to beat seat 8 and expect seat 7 to be laggy. Theres some post flop aggro monkeys at this table so expect lots of betting and raising.

Azure
This table looks pretty good in the lobby. Seat 3 is my prefferred seat of choice as it gives us perfect position on Seat 2 as well as reasonable position on Seats 8 and 9 but it also is good beccause Seats 4 through 6 are pretty weak tight postflop taggy seats (Aggro factors not that high for a decent tag) so should let us isolate the fish alot and if they play back we'll have a fair idea where we are at. Seats 7, 6 and to a less degree 5 are the seats I dont want. Even though we'd have Seat 2 in the same half of the table as us we have a bigger problem in that Seats 8 and 9 are going to make it expensive for hero to see cheap flops plus Seats 3 4 and 5 are going to make it 2 bets to us before we act alot of the time.

One good thing about Azure complare to Buffalo is that I'd expect less tough spots because the stats of tight players arent that threatening. If I had a choice between playing a 18/8/1.7 or a 23/11/2.1 Ill play the 18/8 guy thankyouverymuch.

note: I wrote this reply without considering stack sizes....