View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Who makes more mistakes- short stack or big profit stack?

At my local card rooms I see more mistakes by big stacks who have accumulated their chips fast. They usually play fast and loose with their new money and can get into wild swings in a short period of time.

At my home games I also see the same thing but I see more mistakes by short stacks too because there is no drop and in my good games the lineup rarely changes after we get seated so more money accumulates on the table. Short stacks get frustrated by constantly rebuying and then they make plays they have no business making and get picked off by a big stack who is willing to stay in with less than optimum hands because they know how tilty SS is playing.

The other week I was playing at my 5/5 NL with $2500k behind and I didn't even cover all players. One guy was into his 8th or 9th rebuy and had $320 and I called his PF large raise OOP because I know how to play him OOP. I hit bottom pair, high kicker on the flop, checked/called. check called blank turn with the intent on pushing almost any river when I hit top 2 and still pushed to his insta-call. He had the same bottom pair as me with a middle kicker (pretty much the kind of hand I expected). I don't play this hand against the other big stacks.