View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: $16 - 25/50, AQs w/ flopped flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would leave it till the turn till I bet. There are plenty of cards that can help you out there. Also if you get called on the flop then fail to follow up on the turn then it looks like a standard cbet, losing any advantage you had. Betting the flop 2/3 (pot) and the turn 1/2, puts half your chips in the middle with ace high and the nut flush draw with one card to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wholeheartedly disagree with this thought process. first off, you have a ton of equity with your hand in this pot, so it looking like a standard cbet isnt such a bad thing. second, if i checked the flop that doesnt really give you more of a reason to bet the turn because you lose some equity after missing on one street and get called wider because non thinking low buy in idiots dont believe someone who checks the flop and bets the turn when its checked to them. If I had one opponent to the turn and i had cbet the flop i can then decide if i want to double barrel or take a free card.

edit: it's not that ill "never" check flop/bet turn but its not the optimal line or anywhere close IMO, i think there are a few other, better lines in most situations. kev, i think your line is fine. nh.