View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: i\'m doing this more and more

Okay, so here’s my default opening range from the CO:

44-AA, A2s+, K5s+, Q7s+, J8s+, A5o+, K8o+, Q9o+, 67s+, 9To+, 86s+, J9o+. I don’t stox’s book in front of me so I don’t really know how it relates to the ranges in WITHEG. Again, this is the range I use at a table of mostly unknowns in a game inwhich I feel very comfortable in terms of my edge(with regard to the average opponent). This range breaks down as follows(on this particular board):

Total Hand Combinations: 407(100%)

Total Made Hand Combinations: 155(38%)

Total Missed Hand Combinations with a Draw: 168(41%)

Total Missed Hand Combinations w/o a Draw: 84(21%)

For the sake of clarity, I consider a missed hand combo with a draw any gutshot, OESD, flush draw, etc. I neglected to include overcard combos because a)they are very sensitive to our opponent’s holding and b)I consider a lot of Ahigh hands showdownable but not made hands. This is probably just a matter of subjectivity but should be noted. So it’s possible I have a missed hand that is showdownable(AK for instance) as well as a made hand that is not(44 maybe?). What it boils down to is my opponent’s tendencies in a vacuum, how my opponent might adjust to prior flop checks, the board, and what hands/how often I’ve been checking behind on these types of flops.

Anyway, back to the question at hand. Given the above mix of hands, does anybody want to venture a guess as to what frequency or mix I need to bet/check each of the groups for the sake of optimal play?