View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Borgata Winter Open

[ QUOTE ]
Satellite day has been very good cash game ground in the past (for me). Since I don't play mega-limits, the satellite players tend to be the ones I want to play against.

I remember playing 2/5 against someone who busted out of a satellite for a $2000 or so event and was determined to win his entry at my table. Suffice to say, he didn't and I'm pretty certain he went through close to the two grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that I might have misunderstood what OP meant when he said that he was thinking about going down the week that the tournament starts. If he was referring to Sunday, 1/27, when the main event starts, then I stand by my comments. Like I said, it's just my opinion, but I've gone to the B on the first day of its major tournaments several times, and I've never really noticed any difference in the level of the competition at the 1/2 NL tables. They're profitable for any solid 2+2er.

If OP was referring to the time when the pre-events and satellites are going on, then I can see there being some impact on the level of competition, particularly mid-week. The extra traffic may make those mid-week games more like they are on the weekends, when the B attracts a lot of tourists with money.

Overall, however, I still don't think that you are going find much difference at the 1/2 tables no matter when you go. These tables always attract the entry level NL players, and so how much softer can they get? I would expect a greater influx of softer players to the higher stakes games. Again, it's just my opinion, but the players who will pay $500 to $2500 to play in a pre-main event tournament or satellite are more likely to gravitate towards the 2/5 NL tables and up than they are to sit down and play 1/2 NL.