View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: \"The Ofdabeat hates backpackers special\"

[ QUOTE ]
what's the difference between backpackers, travelers, and tourists? people view them all very differently just wondering your take.

i don't really understand the frustration with backpackers. they like banana pancakes and reggae music. they often have long dreadlocks. i can think of worse things

[/ QUOTE ]I'm fine with backpackers who are actually, like...., backpacking. you know, Greater Tibet, Nepal, The Andes,... It's just that here backpacker = cheap ass tourist moving 150liters of useless crap from one hostel dorm to another acting like they're totally superiour to all the others tourist..Bangkok is like Backpacking noob central. Heck, met one this morning, italian guy friend of an acquaintance, the guy took 3 sweaters with him in his backpack. to go to visit the Gulf of Thailand. I swear I'm not making this stuff up! Obv he had the 120l on the back and a 60l in the front....

on the t-shirt issue, met a irish guy with a save the planet tshirt from some Peruvian ONG, the guy also had pair of home made earring....

and there's the whole "zomg you're such a slave to modern technology for traveling with a laptop" and then they go spend 3hours a day in internet cafés.....