Old 11-17-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: \"The Mist\" imo will be awesome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Knowles is a complete joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd agree with this more if he weren't so damned influential, and in a completely negative way

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i meant as a reviewer..not as a PR/marketing outlet.

and his major influence on film/studios is so 5 years ago. He does not have much if any impact on a film unless it is in a given subset of genres(horror/comic book/fantasy/sci fi) and even then with the proliferation of online fan geek sites the site isn't what it used to be in terms of power or influence in the industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, the type of movies that he's big into are all over the place now, whereas before they really weren't. so, if you wanted to find a guy who's influence has affected the types of movies studios make (and are able to make $$), he's a pretty good choice.

so, while his influence is so 5 years ago in some ways, he's hugely responsible for the fanboy mentality that's taken over Hollywood.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but I would argue that has way less to do with Knowles and more to do with studios only wanting to make movies with a built in dedicated fan base...regardless of what it is comics, graphic novels, tv shows, novels, etc. Add that with the evolution of CGI and that is the main reason u see so many types of movie the geeks love.

In the studios eyes its far more low risk than making an original work. And studios were always trying to make comic book movies...AICN simply showed them how they could use the internet to market them and make them much more profitable.