View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Bankroll Management Thoughts from the cheap seats. - long

Being a newbie to this forum it is a bit daunting making my first post as a response to a bankroll management post but what the heck lets make a fool of myself on day 1 and things can only get better..lol

Anyway I must admit that I am really a SNG/Tournament donkey but I've been thinking about getting back into cash games. For my bankroll guide I have decided that I will take 500 bb for limit holdem on a full ring game and if I'm playing a short handed table then I will go for 750 bb. To my mind this makes sense to have a higher requirement at the short tables because you are in the blinds 30-33% of the time instead of 20-22% of the time and the games are generally looser.

For what its worth I think that you should only cash out if you need the money. For me you lose the ability to compound your winnings and run up a huge bankroll if you constantly withdraw your funds. Einstein once said that compound interest is "the greatest mathematical discovery of all time." and if you have a positive ROI then why argue with Einstein - let your bankroll compound.