View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Foxwoods.. what to do in a rock garden?

In a lot of these games, even the rocks will recognize an aggressive blind stealer and tend to call down with any pair, sometimes seeing the river with A-high headsup.

In LP, with one rock limper, I'd raise stuff like suited aces, pocket pairs 55+, suited broadways, etc. When they play "fit or fold" too often then you can add in the SC's and stuff that has less showdown value because you will be able to steal so much. Sometimes you can sense the pendulum swinging the other way; they are tired of this hotshot raising every other hand - then you get into solid value-bet mode and get paid off.

I don't like raising a speculative hand in EP against a lineup of rocks. Sometimes you may even open limp with a SSHE raising hand (ATs, KQs) to pull in weaker hands. I still think it's correct to raise big offsuit hands.

These guys are beatable in a no-rake game, but I don't think you can really win when pots are headsup and $1 comes out of the pot on the flop and what is it, the next $1 comes out at $10?

The short answer to OP's question is obviously change tables ... and move up to 4/8 ASAP.