View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: fish commenting on my tight play

Great example at the game tonight. I folded 10-15 hands being that I was just getting crap cards. Finally I get pocket queens, and I raise to $7. Guess what? 7 callers.
Flop comes 2d-3h-3d. I raise to $5, villain (LAG)raises to $10, next player (LAG) to his left takes it to $15. Table folds to me, I call. Turn comes a 6c. I raise $5(all in), call, call. River is a 5h. Villain turns over Jd4d for the straight, guy in front of him mucks. I can understand all of his outs after the flop and turn, but to raise pre-flop with J4suited? I'm guessing his loose buddy next to him was playing the same junk he'd been playing all night. I'm to the point of learning micro-limit games are more about getting lucky cards than playing poker. You can't push people out of anything, and they all play garbage to the river. If you catch cards, you'll slaughter the place, but for me, it's no limit from here on out for a while.

Reminds me of $5 limit blackjack. If you're counting cards, when the deck gets positive, you can't put enough $ in when the odds are in your favor to offset the negative deck playing time.
low limit=less about skill, more about luck