View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Basic Sit \'n Go Questions Answered Here

CleanUpMan, I like Office because it is the easiest to get started with and interface is more user-friendly. PT is a great program as well, and yes, I would highly recommend you get at least one tracking program because of the significant edge they offer in reading opponents.

Boise123, I would check the STTF FAQ where I think there's a pretty thorough answer to the ROI question. The SNG player will have a better understanding of pre-flop dynamics, but the cash/tournament player will usually have a more refined post-flop game and be much keener on late-street analysis.

Arp220, I would try to find the lowest rake possible. I give a table showing how crucial the rake is for long-term profits in SNG Strategy ... at this level, your competition should be pretty soft at most sites, so concentrate on minimizing the rake. (Once you build your roll a little, for example, definitely check out the Stars $15+1's, an incredible rake deal for the low-mid stakes player.) And yes, generally you should make at least a small raise with your premium hands during lategame play. The main exception is when an opponent one or two to your left is hyper-aggressive and you think he will come over top very widely. Getting called bad names at the poker table, BTW, is usually a sign you're doing something right [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-- Collin