View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: 44 Set in the SB

1) Putting your Villian on a hand:

While your Villian plays a lot and cold calls a lot, those facts say nothing about her raise range. We played Tuesday with people who raised NOTHING PF but almost played ATC. Welcome to HG. Would she raise KQo the way we do? Probably not. Look at your experience with her. Is she an AQ+ person, or does she get weird on her raises from time to time?

2) More importantly, you know that you are (probably) WAY ahead with your flopped set, so the issue is which line builds the biggest pot?

a) Your line: c/r the flop.
b) c/c the flop planning to c/r the turn, or
c) bet out the flop.

I like to bet out my stealth bombs. No way does your Villian put me on a set when it gets to her. I think this also builds a pot right away when I force the players between me and MP to call right away. When MP raises, people are less afraid of her raises and she'll get more action. Now I've got to decide. Wait for the turn or 3 bet? With two pictures on the board I would force the issue. 3 bet. With only one piece of paint I would lay back and c/r the turn. If she caps that tells me to put it into call down mode, but I might still bet out the river.

Line c = bet out and keep going. If capped, c/c the turn. Bet out on the river/call.