View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Heisman Rankings

Right now my ballot is:
1) Dennis Tebow
2) Tim Dixon
3) There are other candidates?

TT definitely has the better overall stats, but I think the fact that DD has much better running backs is the primary reason for that. He gets fewer passing yards because Oregon runs the ball more as a team, and he gets fewer rushing yards (and TDs) because Oregon can have Jonathan Stewart handle a lot of those carries. Also, DD has done it despite massive injuries to his receiving corps. All those are reasons why TT shouldn't automatically win it because of better stats. They are NOT reasons why DD should be ahead of TT. Right now it's completely neck and neck.

I do agree that it's ridiculous (but true) that the deciding factor will probably be team records and Senior vs. Sophomore. If you factor those things in, and look at who actually *will* win, not who *should*, DD probably is still the clear favorite at the moment. It should be neck and neck though.

Meh, I won't complain too much if the QB on my favorite team takes home the trophy by default, even if the system is flawed [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]