View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Razz - single-table sat . - defending bring-in

[ QUOTE ]
I probably wouldn't defend since it is short handed, so there is less in the pot, but the defend isn't terrible.

I would fold 4th. When you defend, you really have to catch right. Here you have 2 bricks and really can't continue.

Flat call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't play catch up for a single street when defending, ever. If you defend, if you are going to play it at all, you play out the hand. The difference between this example and the last one I discussed with you is this time the player is in the total steal position and if you outflop him you will get him to fold his hand a percentage of the time. Again your not drawing to a nut flush in hold'em where your guaranteed to win the pot and this needs to be taken into account when playing the bring-in.

However as the stealer, both his raises on third and fourth are automatic because mathematically the bring-in should of folded on third anyhows and 'he can play to outflop' on fifth because of the upcard because he knows that he would have to fold. So when he bets out after catching the same card - if you called on third, the bringins pot equity has actually risen because of the other two 9s that could now pair his hand. So if you called third, you need to call fourth otherwise you should not of defended at all.