View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

I think Washington will probably be the most interesting team. They beat Syracuse, who are probably pretty terrible, by a large margin and put a solid win over Boise State. I don't know much about Boise State this season, but I wonder if their ranking and prestige is just from the amazing win in the Fiesta Bowl.

So I think Washington could be anywhere from great to not terrible but not good. They clearly won't be bad as they were a few years ago, but I'm honestly not sure what their wins so far say about them.

Naturally I'm biased against them as a Duck fan. Oregon should play a lot of high scoring games. The defense isn't great by any stretch but the O is looking good obviously. The defense let Houston stay in the game far too long and in the first half didn't do a great job at stopping Michigan. They put up only 7 but there was a pick in the endzone, a missed field goal, and they punted once or twice from inside the 50. There were times early where I thought we were in trouble because Michigan had some runs where monstrous holes opened up. Should be entertaining if nothing else.

Overall I think the Pac 10 should be interesting after the top team. USC is IMO solidly better than Cal, who is a bit better than 3 or 4 teams all of which are good teams overall. So the competition to win the conference shouldn't be that great barring an upset or two but there should be some great games and the fighting over the last few bowl spots should be better than usual.